Bulkley Valley Exhibition, August 24-27, 2017
For sheer entertainment and excitement, there’s nothing to beat the 98th annual Bulkley Valley Exhibition, August 24-27, 2017, where you can Party Till the Cows Come Home!
CFNR will be on location bringing all the great fun to be had!
Come and see CFNR at the parade Wednesday August 23rd at 7 pm. We’ll be live on Thursday from 1-5 pm and CFNR is hosting Youth Night with Brock Lewis emceeing the main stage! Friday we’ll be back live from noon-4 pm. Come out and cheer us on as we’ll be racing in the celebrity zucchini race!
The BV Exhibition hosts a 4-day whirl of shows, events, competitions and displays, with enough action to captivate the whole family. Here’s a few of the attractions for the 2017 Fall Fair:
- The Parade – Fall Fair kicks off on Wednesday at 7 pm with the annual Fall Fair Parade, including motorized and horse-drawn floats, vintage cars and trucks and even decorated bicycles!
- Shooting Star Amusements – the Midway is back with an array of rides, booths and games for tots, teens and adults.
- Rodeo! – performances Friday and Saturday feature saddle and bareback broncs, steer wrestling and roping, barrel racing, wild cow milking and more! Thursday is Extreme Bull Riding with the Bull Riders Canada BVX Bullarama
- Kids’ Area – Bigger, better and busier than ever before!
Back by popular demand is the Canine Stars Stunt Dog Show – an incredible display of talent, skill and crazy stunts by once-unwanted dogs from shelters across North America
- Loggers’ Sports – chainsawing, crosscut bucking, log rolling in the new pond, choker races for adults and kids! Main events Saturday but if you want to check it out and maybe have a go, try the Friday Fun Events!
- Light Horse and Draft Horse Show – whether you go for riding horses or the gentle giants who can haul twice their own weight , there’ll definitely be horses all weekend
- Livestock and 4H – in the agricultural tradition, there’ll be beef and dairy cattle, sheep, swine, poultry, rabbits and even guinea pigs! The 4H kids get a chance to show off the animals they’ve been working with all year.
- Hall Displays – from Grandma’s baking to kids’ crafts, from flower arranging to art and photography, almost anything you can make, bake or grow has a place in the Hall Displays.
- Main Stage performances – A different concert every night! Thursday is Youth Night, featuring Mob Bounce and Thee Night Bamm. Friday is Country & Western, with Appaloosa and the Country Icons tribute to Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard and Alan Jackson. Saturday is our Hometown Heroes featuring Mark Perry and Hillbilly Scrabble.
For more information visit the Bulkley Valley Exhibition website here
Sponsored in part by Your Nation, Your Station….CFNR!