The Cariboo Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for 65 properties in the Dean River North area due to wildfire activity.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare residents to evacuate their premises or property should it be required.
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however, there may be limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
- Having a plan to transport all family members or co-workers outside of the area, should the area be brought under evacuation order.
- Keeping essential items readily available for a quick departure; including medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc).
- Ensuring that any dependents are prepared for departure.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Ensuring that you have accommodation options for your family, if possible. A Reception Centre will be made available if required.
- Monitoring reliable news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centers and the CRD’s channels on Facebook and cariboord.ca.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/
Residents are encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: member.everbridge.net/index/