The Cariboo Regional District has issued an Evacuation Order for residents of Big Creek east to the Fraser River.
Officials made the order at 1:30 Saturday due to immediate danger to life and safety related to wildfire activity.
The area affected by the order includes:
- From McDermott Creek east to the Fraser River, North to the existing Alexis Creek evacuation Order area and west to the existing evacuation order at Fletcher Lake.
- Includes Rushes Lake, Big Creek, Mons Lake, Sky Ranch Road, Rocky Lake FSR, Ground Hog Creek FSR, Mud Creek FSR, Farwell Canyon Road (2000 Road), Farwell Canyon, Gaspard Creek FSR, 2000 Road and Mons Creek.
The evacuation route is Farwell Canyon Road to Gaspard FSR, South to Gang Ranch Road to Dog Creek, then to Williams Lake.
Officials are cautioning residents NOT to evacuate north through Fletcher Lake and Hanceville.
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Follow the travel route provided and register at ESS Reception Centre at Williams Lake Secondary School or the ESS Reception Centre in Prince George at the College of New Caledonia – West Entrance.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area please advise the individual providing this notice or call 1-866-759-4977
- Close all windows and doors
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help
- CRD Evacuation Order
- Big Creek East to Fraser River
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
For more information contact: 1-866-759-4977