It’s been a busy couple of days for the Cariboo Fire Centre and the Cariboo Regional District.
Eleven new wildfires have been discovered in the Cariboo Fire Centre since Thursday; six in the 100 Mile Fire Zone, one in the Quesnel Fire Zone, one in the Horsefly area, and one in the Quesnel. Three were discovered in the Williams Lake region with the largest estimated at 45 hectares and located 10 kilometres southwest of Springhouse.
The CRD issued the following update Friday afternoon on the evacuation alerts and orders in the region:
Mayfield Lake Area, North to Buckley Drive, West to Fraser River Evacuation ALERT
- Issued Aug 10 @ 1:30pm
- Impacts 181 properties
- Due to a wildfire SW of Springhouse
Hawkins Lake & Eagle Creek area Evacuation ALERT
- Issued Aug. 10 @ 12:30pm
- Impacts 396 properties
- Due to the Lang Lake wildfire (C41238)
Narcosli Area & West Quesnel Evacuation ALERT
- Issued Aug. 10 @ 11:30am
- Impacts 2,137 CRD properties
- Impacts 1,772 Quesnel properties (all properties on west side of Fraser River)
- Due to the Narcosli Creek fire (C12302)
Houseman Road Area Evacuation ORDER
- Issued Aug 9 @ 6:15 pm
- Impact 57 properties
- Due to the C42363 fire Buffalo Creek
Tatelkuz Area Evacuation ALERT
- Expanded Aug. 7 @ 8PM
- Impacts 38 properties
- Due to the Chutanli Lake wildfire
- Initial alert impacted 2 properties
Shag Creek Evacuation ORDER
- Issued Aug. 8 @ 1PM
- Impacts 93 properties
- Due to the Shag Creek wildfire
- Initial evacuation alert was issued Aug. 7 @ 8PM and impacted
- 17 properties
The CRD says there are currently 87 active wildfires within the Cariboo Fire Centre. Six fires were called out Thursday.
The fire danger rating in the Cariboo Fire Centre is at high to extreme with no rain in the forecast.
A campfire ban remains in effect across the Cariboo.
Information about evacuation alerts and orders can be found at the Cariboo Regional District website.