Terrace residents may have noticed their alarm clock or appliances blinking this morning.
That’s because a power line came off its pole earlier today, causing a power bump and a fire.
Terrace Deputy Fire Chief Dave Jephson says crews were called out to a field along the Skeena River off Graham Avenue at approximately 5:30.
Crews believe the hydro line energized a fence when it came down, sparking flames.
Jephson says the downed line made the situation for fire crews.
He says BC Hydro and firefighters remain at the scene.