E-Comm 9-1-1 has released the top ten silliest calls to dispatchers this year in the province.
They say while the list of calls seem funny, it’s an important message to keep phone lines cleared to ensure people who need immediate attention are given the resources in a timely manner.
- Requesting help opening a broken gym locker
- Inquiring about job opportunities for a family member interested in police work
- Because an electric shaver would not turn off
- Requesting a ladder to get a soccer ball off the roof
- Asking how best to get a drone down from a tree
- Tired of waiting in traffic
- “There’s a big spider in the bathroom.”
- Complaining they couldn’t get into a nightclub
- Teenager refused to do chores
- “Can you tell me what time it is?”
E-Comm says on average, they see about 1.3 million calls a year.
More on emergency calls versus non-emergency calls can be found on E-Comm 9-1-1’s website.