Employment Opportunity: Finance Manager
Primary Duties – The Finance Manager provides accounting/financial support services in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with best accounting practices. The Finance Manager works under the direction of the Administrator and performs such specific accounting duties as the Administrator may direct from time to time.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Assist and Manage the finance department personnel
- Assist and Manage the financial system; ensuring efficient systems, process and controls
- Assist the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Assist with audit: preparation, coordination and ensure timely financial statements
- Assist and Manage bank management functions
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate w/ Managers, Funding Agencies, etc.
- Responsible for financial reporting for the organization, present monthly and year-to-date financials, Develop and prepare a monthly management reporting package
- Other duties as necessary
Must possess the following:
- Strong administrative qualities; excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills; ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines; ability to work independently and within a team environment; be motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Proficiently use with the Sage ERP 300 accounting program, Microsoft word, outlook and excel
- Compliance with the terms of the Gitxaala Nation (M001 Personnel Policy Manual)
- Knowledge and understanding of funding agency reporting
- Budgeting – Assist with the budgeting process
- A degree or certificate from a recognized educational institution in accounting, finance or administration with a combination of administrative and financial management experience;
- MUST have Five (5) years related working experience with a First Nation Administration and Accounting
- Ability to organize, motivate, delegate, supervise and co-ordinate staff;
- Working experience with First Nations with an understanding of the particular issues encountered by First Nations;
- A criminal records check – The Finance Manager is considered a position of trust; therefore, a Criminal Record check will be conducted on the proposed employee.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until a suitable candidate is found
Please submit a cover letter & resume, along with 3 references.
Applications can be forwarded to ATTN: Norman Ridley, Payroll Finance Clerk
- F: (250) 848-2238 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry