Effective immediately, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an expanded evacuation alert for the area south and west of Quesnel to Tatelkuz Lake. This alert replaces the evacuation alert for the Nazko, Batnuni, Tatelkuz area issued on August 1, 2017 and the evacuation alert for the area south of Quesnel and west of the Fraser River issued on July 28, 2017.
This alert is being issued due to the Tautri Complex wildfire (C50784) and the wildfire four kilometres north of Baezaeko River (C10812).
View a map of the affected areas here: http://bit.ly/2vmkxWZ
An evacuation alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be required. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for an evacuation order by:
- Having a plan to transport all family members or co-workers outside of the area, should the area be brought back under evacuation order.
- Keeping essential items readily available for a quick departure; including medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc.).
- Ensuring that any dependants are prepared for departure.
- Ensuring that pets and livestock remain in a safe area.
- Ensuring that you have accommodation options for your family, if possible. Reception Centre will be made available again if required.
- Monitoring reliable news sources for evacuation order information.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available via the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page (@CRDEmergencyOperations) and the CRD website www.cariboord.ca. For more information contact the CRD’s public phone line at 1-866-759-4577.