Smithers, BC V0J
High summer is here! and with it comes the 96th annual Bulkley Valley Exhibition, August 27-30, 2015.
The BV Exhibition hosts a 4-day whirl of shows, events, competitions and displays, with enough action to captivate the whole family. Here’s a few of the attractions for the 2015 Fall Fair:
• The Parade – Fall Fair kicks off on Wednesday at 7pm with the annual Fall Fair Parade, including motorised and horse-drawn floats, vintage cars and trucks and even decorated bicycles!
• Shooting Star Amusements – the Midway is back with an array of rides, booths and games for tots, teens and adults.
• Rodeo! – performances Friday and Saturday at 5pm, plus the Bull-a-rama on Thursday
• Kids’ Area – Bigger, better and busier than ever before! Featuring the new Dinosaur Corral – and would you believe a real (maybe) live Baby T-Rex dinosaur?? Also the Petting Zoo, the Bulkley Acres kids’ mini-farm, the Kids’ Dog Show and a full slate of clowns, puppets, ventriloquists and jugglers.
• Loggers’ Sports – enlarged and extended for 2015, the Loggers’ Sports has events for adults and kids, including crosscut bucking, axe throwing (yes really!) and choker races, and there’ll be a new Log Rolling Pond for those who think walking on a log is easy!
• Light Horse and Draft Horse Show – whether you go for riding horses or the gentle giants who can haul twice their own weight , there’ll definitely be horses all weekend
• Livestock and 4H – in the agricultural tradition, there’ll be beef and dairy cattle, sheep, swine, poultry, rabbits and even guinea pigs! The 4H kids get a chance to show off the animals they’ve been working with all year.
• Main Stage performances – local favourites to national stars.
• Hall Displays – from Grandma’s baking to kids’ crafts, from flower arranging to art and photography, almost anything you can make, bake or grow has a place in the Hall Displays.
CFNR is the diamond sponsor of the BVX and main sponsor of the Trainer of the North Challenge!
Trainer of the North – Imagine — three trainers, three green young horses, three days. In that short time, can these “horse-whisperers” teach their protégés to carry a rider willingly around an obstacle course? — and what can the audience learn from watching? 3 Trainers – 3 Horses – 3 Days – 3 Judges. The Trainer of the North Competition gets started Thursday August 27, 2015 in the riding arena.
A weekend pass will get you in to see all the action the Trainer of the North has to offer.
To win passes to the Bulkely Valley Exhibition, Listen to Your Nation, Your Station CFNR!
Find more info on the Trainer of the North Challenge here.