Hear the Beep Where You Sleep!
City of Terrace Fire Department reminds Terrace and surrounding are Residents that Every Bedroom Needs a Working Smoke Alarm.
Along with the firefighters and the safety advocates nationwide, Terrace Fire Department is joining forces with non-profit National Fire Protection Association during Fire Prevention Week from October 4th to October 10th to remind the residents about the importance of having a working smoke alarm in all bedrooms of their home.
According to the latest NFPA research, working smoke alarms cut the chance of dying in a fire in half. Meanwhile, three out of five fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign includes the following smoke alarm messages:
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement.
- Interconnect all smoke alarms throughout the home. This way, when one sounds, they all do.
- Test alarms at least monthly by pushing the test button.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old or sooner if they don’t respond properly.
- Make sure everyone in the home knows the sound of the smoke alarm and understands what to do when they hear it.
For more information visit http://www.nfpa.org/safety-information/fire-prevention-week