Some residents affected by the Plateau wildfire can start to make their way home.
The Cariboo Regional District, Lhoosk’uz Dené Nation, Nazko First Nation and Tŝideldel/Redstone have downgraded the evacuation orders around the fire to alerts due to a reduction in fire risk.
Evacuation orders have been downgraded for the following areas:
- the CRD areas north of Highway 20 to south of Tzenzaicut Lake,
- the CRD areas around Kluskus, Blackwater, Clisbako and Nazko,
- Lhoosk’uz Dené Nation areas,
- the remaining Nazko First Nation areas; and
- the remaining Tŝideldel/Redstone areas.
Officials are reminding residents that while the risk is reduced, the areas are still under an evacuation alert, air quality remains poor, and wildfire activity is ongoing.