The Cariboo Regional District has issued an evacuation order for the Upper Nazko area west of Quesnel.
The order, issued due to flooding danger and potential loss of access routes expands on one issued for the region Sunday afternoon.
The CRD says the area includes 74 properties. RCMP will be going door to door with the order Monday, April 30th.
The evacuation route is the Snaking River Forest Service Road to the Harrington Pit Road, and then to Nazko Highway 59.
Residents not able to evacuate are advised to contact the CRD’s Emergency Operations Centre at 1-866-759-4977 and shelter in place until the RCMP arrives to evacuate people by helicopter Monday morning. A bus will be waiting to transport evacuees to the ESS reception centre in Quesnel.
Please register with Emergency Support Services (ESS) at the reception centre in the Quesnel Recreation Centre at 500 North Star Road, which will be open until 10:00 p.m. tonight. It will open again at 10 a.m. tomorrow.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
- Register with Emergency Support Services (ESS).
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/