Northern Health reports an improperly disinfected endoscope was used in a Prince Rupert clinic.
The endoscope was used to look into patient’s nose and ears from April to the end of June.
Dr. Ronald Chapman is with Northern Health and says the health authority jumped to action once they realized the error at the end of July.
Dr. Chapman says the risk to patients contracting anything is so low that they’re not recommending any follow-up precautions.
But he does encourage people to have a follow-up examination with their family doctor if they have concerns.
Dr. Chapman says it was human error that led to the wrong disinfectant being used, and that they’ll use this incident to ensure proper training and procedures in place.