Kitimat RCMP attended a residence on May 17 Sunday night following a report of an unresponsive male passed out in a bathroom.
Police found a 39 year old man in cardiac arrest.
The man was taken to Kitimat General Hospital where he was revived.
The investigation revealed the man had overdosed on “oxy” pills laced with fentanyl.
Police are warning the public that fentanyl laced products are in the area and can be fatal if misused.
Fentanyl laced heroin claimed the life of a Prince Rupert man on Friday May 15.
Police encourage anyone suffering ill effects or an apparent drug overdose to seek medical attention immediately.