Latest Headlines
Home / News / Neighbours rescue residents from Smithers fire

Neighbours rescue residents from Smithers fire

Neighbours were able to rescue two people from a burning home in Smithers Friday night.

RCMP says the Smithers Fire Department were called out to the Hudson Bay Trailer Court at 8:30.

Emergency crews were initially told that someone may have been inside the burning building, but police were notified that a woman and a male youth had been pulled from the fire.

Both were taken to hospital with possible burns and smoke inhalation. the woman was later released from hospital while the young male was airlifted for further treatment.

RCMP say the fire is not believed to be suspicious.

About Bill Fee

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: