Smithers RCMP say nine children were taken to hospital after they became sick while at a local hotel pool over the weekend.
Police say the children and youth were playing at the Aspen Inn pool Saturday night when an employee began to add chemicals as part of routine maintenance.
Emergency crews took the affected kids to hospital after they had an unexpected, adverse reaction.
Police say all of them are expected to fully recover without any residual health effects.
WorkSafe BC was notified about the incident and the pool was closed down.