Latest Headlines
Home / News / PG fire accidentally sparked by 2 boys with matches

PG fire accidentally sparked by 2 boys with matches

Prince George RCMP says a wildfire that threatened homes in a northern subdivision of the city Monday was caused accidentally by two young boys with matches.

Mounties say the 12 and 9-year-old boys were trying to light a “camp fire” shortly before 5:00 pm when the flames quickly got out of control and spread to nearby trees.

Police evacuated residents from homes in the Valleyview Drive and Mesa Drive area while fire crews attacked the flames.

Property damage was limited to a shed and a patio, but police say there was extensive damage to vegetation and landscaping around homes in the area.

Residents were allowed back to the area on foot at about 8:30 that night.

RCMP says charges are not likely.

About Bill Fee

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: