The RCMP has issued detailed driving instructions to residents evacuating Williams Lake:
The evacuation route is Highway 97 south to Highway 24. Motorists must turn east on Highway
24 and continue to Highway 5 to Kamloops. Please follow all police directions.
RCMP say vehicles cannot stop in 100 Mile House.
The Cariboo Regional District has posted to its Facebook page that emergency accommodations in Kamloops are nearing capacity. Ongoing arrangements are being made to determine the best destination, Drivers will receive more instructions at the intersection of Highway 24 and Highway 5.
For those that cannot drive there are muster points throughout Williams
● Glendale School 4100 Mackenzie Avenue North
● Comer Pub Parking Lot 2015 MacKenzie Ave North
● Columneetza High School Parking Lot 1045 Western Avenue
● BC Hydro ParkingArea 835 Second Ave North
● WLSS High School 640 Carson Drive
● Save-On-Foods Parking Lot 730 Oliver Street
● Overlander Hotel Parking Area 1118 Lakeview Crescent
● Tourism Discover Centre 1660 Broadway Avenue South
● Church Parking Lot 26 Woodland Drive
● Golf Course Parking Lot 104 Fairview Drive
● Church Parking Lot 377 Hodgson Road
● Across the Wal-Mart Park 1265 South Lakeside Drive
● Kwaleen Elementary Parking Lot 1727 South Lakeside Drive