The Regional District of Bulkley Nechako has issued an evacuation alert due to a wildfire near Fraser Lake.
The Evacuation Alert is in effect for the area East of the Augier Main Forest Service Road to the Trout and Sutherland Forest Service Roads, South of Sutherland River Park to Highway 16.
The alert does not include the town site of Endako.
If you require assistance in regard to livestock please contact the Regional District of Bulkley- Nechako (RDBN) at 1-800-320-3339 or 250-692-3195.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHILE THIS ALERT IS IN EFFECT?
Be prepared for an evacuation order by:
• Locating all family members or co-workers and plan to meet outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
• Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc.). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
• Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
• Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call (250) 692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339.
• Arranging accommodation for your family if possible.
In the event of an evacuation, the RDBN will open a reception centre if required. Monitor your local radio station and the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako website, www.rdbn.bc.ca, and the Bulkley-Nechako Emergency Information Facebook Page for information on this Evacuation Alert.