Effective immediately, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an expanded evacuation order for the area south of Highway 20 to the southern CRD border and east to the Fraser River. This is an expansion of the order issued on July 28, 2017, for the area south of Highway 20 to Alex Lake.
View a map of the affected areas here: http://bit.ly/2vxrwfR
Due to immediate danger, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action. The evacuation route is Churn Creek Bridge at Gang Ranch, follow Dog Creek Road to Williams Lake.
Register at the ESS Reception Centre in ESS table in the Resiliency Centre in Williams Lake at Boitanio Mall (850 Oliver Street). Those requiring group lodging will be required to continue on to the ESS Reception Centre in Prince George at the College of New Caledonia (3330 22 Ave).
An adjacent evacuation order is being issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District. Learn more at www.tnrd.ca.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Register at the ESS Reception Centre mentioned above.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbor or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
- Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
** BC Government Release **