Prince George RCMP are investigating a number of stolen vehicles and how one ended up on the Fraser River.
Police say one of the vehicles was stolen from a mall parking lot at the corner of Massey Drive and Westwood Boulevard Saturday night.
It was the next morning when a report of a vehicle on the Fraser River. Emergency crews responded and located the truck just south of the Fraser River Bridge. It was confirmed no one was inside the vehicle at the time.A tow company then recovered the truck.
No one has been arrested in relation to this theft, but the investigation is continuing.
The police since Friday morning there have been seven reports of stolen or attempted stolen vehicles including:
- White 2008 Ford F350 stolen from the 2600 block of Prince George Pulpmill Road (rear BC licence plate JN8255). Still outstanding;
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix stolen from the 6500 block of Southridge Avenue. Vehicle was left running with the keys in the ignition while owner was shopping. The vehicle was located near 2nd Avenue and George Street;
- 1998 Plymouth Voyager stolen from Cherry Avenue. The vehicle was used in an Armed Robbery the night before (2016-39861). See previous media release;
- 2000 Chevy Silverado pick-up stolen from the 200 block of North Ospika Boulevard. Vehicle was located in Quesnel, BC;
- Attempted theft of a 2001 GMC Sierra pick-up from the 900 block of Ahbau Street. Suspect(s) were unable to get the vehicle started;
- Attempted theft of a Chevrolet Suburban from the 900 block of Ahbau Street. Suspect(s) were unable to get the vehicle started, but stole the tires and rims off the vehicle. They have not yet been located;
- Attempted theft of a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado pick-up from Goheen Place. Suspect(s) were unable to get the vehicle started.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Prince George RCMP.