The province has announced funding for the upgrade of the Highway 16 and 37 intersection in Terrace.
Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure Todd Stone says it’s still to be determined what the upgraded intersection will look like.
The project is part of a $37-million funding announcement that will include passing lanes on the highway which include:
- Rainbow Hill, 30 kilometres east of Prince Rupert;
- Toboggan Lake near Smithers;
- Tyhee Lake, east of Telkwa between Houston and Smithers;
- Broman Lake near Burns Lake; and
- Cluculz Lake Hill, about 40km west of Prince George.
Stone says they’ve been investing in the north long before the idea of election season heating up.
Stone adds the project should be completed within a two year period.
The province also announced Wi-Fi will be added to rest stops across Highway 16 by next spring.